Annie's Crannies - Recipes
Cape Cod Cranberry Bread
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1-1/2 cups apple juice
12 ounces cranberries (fresh or fresh frozen)
2 medium Granny Smith apples (peeled and sliced)
6 ounces Cuervo Gold Tequila
3 tablespoons Triple Sec
6 tablespoons whiskey sour mix
¼ cup Rose’s lime juice
3 or 4 cups ice cups
Make cranberry apple puree in a heavy saucepan
1. Combine the brown sugar and 1 cup of the apple juice
2. Bring mixture to a boil then stir in cranberries
3. Boil mixture for 1 minute stirring occasionally
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes (or until cranberries have burst), stir occasionally
5. Let mixture cool to room temperature and puree it (in blender or food processor) with the apples and
remaining 1/2 cup apple juice until smooth (puree keeps, covered and chilled for 1 week). Makes about 3 cups
puree (2 batches).
6. In blender, puree ice, tequila, triple sec, whiskey sour mix, lime juice and 1-1/2 cups of cranberry-apple
puree until the mixture is smooth.
Serves about 4.
|Located in historic Dennis,
Cape Cod MA birthplace of
the cultivated cranberry!